Trinitarian Body Language|
Sex, Gender, and Communion of Persons
Working Draft - 22 May 2016
Is God 2/3 masculine and 1/3 feminine?
Eucharistic Body Language,
Masculine and Feminine
PRAELUDIUM 1 - Natural Unity & Complementarity
PRAELUDIUM 2 - Patriarchal Disunity & Sex/Gender Binary
PRAELUDIUM 3 - Redeemed Unity & Complementarity
ORIGINAL BODY LANGUAGE
- Bearing fruit and multiplying... filling the earth... taking care of nature...
- Sense of solitude... deep sleep... finding each other as "flesh of my flesh"...
- Leaving father and mother... seeking nuptial unity... becoming one flesh...
PATRIARCHAL BODY LANGUAGE
- Mimetic desire... male domination... female subordination...
- Sexual violence... other forms of violence... brother against brother...
- Patriarchal families... poligamy, slavery, hoarding... idolatry...
REDEEMED BODY LANGUAGE
- The human body makes visible what is invisible, i.e., the spiritual and the divine
- Ecclesial communities make visible what is invisible, e.g., trinitarian unity in diversity
- Interpersonal body language makes visible what is invisible, e.g., love begetting life
COLLOQUIUM 1 - Restoration of Natural Body Language
COLLOQUIUM 2 - Apostolic Body Language
COLLOQUIUM 3 - Body Language for the New Evangelization
SUMMARY - Trinitarian Body Language
- God is LOVE, 1 in 3 Personal Subjects, not 3 sex objects
- Jesus Christ is an embodied Personal Subject, not just a sex object
- All men and women are embodied personal subjects, not just sex objects
- The patriarchal priesthood reduces all men and women to be sex objects
- Trinitarian body language is not PATRIARCHAL
- Trinitarian body language is EUCHARISTIC, masculine and feminine
- It is time to ordain some nuns as deacons, priests, and bishops
|Back to Title|
PelicanWeb Home Page
Index of Meditations